We decided it was time to get better at blogging so our friends around the country could keep up with our crazy life.
This coming Sunday we will be celebrating our one year anniversary. We can't believe how much has happened the last year. But just to clue some of you in, lets recap.
Andrew and I got married June 24, 2011 in the Manti Utah LDS Temple. There really isn't much to say about the wedding day except to us it was perfect. We honeymooned in Pennsylvania at Lake Harmony, a nice secluded place in the mountains. However we did manage to take a few day trips to Gettysburg and New York City, both of which were breathtaking in their own way. Andrew also managed to get pulled over for the first time while we were on our honeymoon, but he did manage to get away with a warning (even though he was going about 21 over the speed limit). And no we didn't tell the officer we were on our honeymoon.
After Lake harmony we spent some time in Brookfield, WI with Andrew's parents, who had an open house for us while we were out there. We also went to Chicago for a day (seeing as Andrew is all about anything Chicago) we attended a White Sox game and went to dinner at Medieval Times as I had never been there but always wanted to go. We were seated in the bad guys section but I think that made it way more fun.
Coming back to Orem, UT and the reality of having to work and pay bills was not something we were looking forward to. We were excited however to officially start our life together in our own place. Which turned out to be an adventure. When we returned from our honeymoon to our first apartment we came home to no hot water, no a/c, neighbor kids playing right outside our door and constantly flooding our porch area with the hose. After two weeks of no response from the manager or maintenance man we began looking for a new place (we were finishing out someone else's contract and it ending in August). My sister lived two blocks east of us and there were available apartments there, so we looked into those and fell in love right away. When we let our current manager know we would not be renewing and why everything was fixed in a matter of days. We didn't want to continue living somewhere that we didn't feel like important tenants, so we moved anyways. And have loved where we lived since. Management, maintenance, everything is great and after living here for almost a year we don't plan on moving anytime soon.
Life after the move got pretty crazy. Birthdays came and went. My sister had a baby at the beginning of October, Andrew started his own landscaping business, life seemed pretty good. In early November I starting feeling sick so I went to the instacare down the street and was told I had the stomach flu and that it had been going around (working at a daycare I am around sick children all the time which is what I was told probably caused it). A week after I went to the doctors I still felt weird so I decided to take a pregnancy test just to rule out that option out in my mind. But after waiting the suggested three minutes the test reading changed our lives forever. That's right, November 9, 2011 I found out we were to expect a Baby Doman. We were both excited and scared, as we had not really planned on having a baby that soon.
December we spent Christmas at Andrew's parents house in WI, we also attended Mark Stay's wedding while we were out there (Mark is a friend of Andrew's). Life pretty much went on as normal with the exception of the doctors appointments every month. On February 21, 2012 we found out our Baby Doman was a boy. That was exciting as I had wanted it to be a boy (but would have been happy either way). April we found out that Andrew's parents were moving to Utah, as Andrew's father was offered a job at BYU. We also found out my little sister Hayley was expecting in September (a girl). Life just had one change after another.
Which pretty much brings us up to current times. I had a doctors appointment yesterday and found out that our little boy likes to cause trouble and has gone from the head down position and ready for labor to breech (which is head up and so not ideal for a traditional birth). The doctors options were A. come in the next week and attempt to have him flipped back to head down, which only has a 60% chance of working and doesn't guarantee he won't flip back to breech again before birth (not to mention the risks and chance of having to have an emergency c section) or B. Schedule a c section for when I hit 39 weeks (which would be July 1st) I am not really fond of either choice personally. I did go ahead and make an appointment to have the doctor try and flip him but I am also trying some home remedies that may help him go back to head down on his own. All I can say is I hope those work, because I don't really consider a c section an option unless the babies life depends on it.
So that is what has happened in our lives the past year. I hope you enjoyed and it didn't bore you too badly. We are going to try and be better at letting everyone know what is going on with us (via blogging of course).
Thanks for tuning in :)
I can't wait to watch the Doman Family grow!!! Awesome blog post!
ReplyDeleteGreat recap!
ReplyDeleteJeanette Andersen has nominated your blog for a One Lovely Blog Award. Go to http://jeanettesandersen.blogspot.com/ for the “rules” and to snag the badge to post on your website.
ReplyDelete